My name is Bruno and I am currently a visiting engineer with Facebook AI under supervision of Professor Lorenzo Torresani.
Previously, I went to school at Dartmouth, from which I graduated with high honors.
There, I discovered my love for math and computer science, and especially machine-learning, artificial
inteligence and everything data related.
Areas of professional interests:
- Computer vision: currently working on problems on understanding motion
- AI and machine learning: curriculum learning, feature understanding
- Data science: data visualization, data-driven decision making
- Software Engineering: take all of the above and make something cool out of it
Swimming, Photography, Cooking and Fine Dining, Hiking, Cycling.
My life in bullet points
Realistically, there is no way I can describe myself in a sentence.
However I love lists, so here is the list of things you might want to know about me:
- 1994: born in Croatia
- 1995: swam for the first time
- got my first personal computer early enough that I don’t remember the year
- 2007ish: the first program I wrote was in Visual Basic; first language I was formally thought was Pascal
- 2007: won my first medal at an age-group national championship
- 2008: won my first age-group national championship
- 2012: learned how to dance
- 2014: went to college in the US
- 2014: read entire Sandman series in less than a week
- 2014: made this blog
- 2015: decided not to drink for a year; still happening
- 2017: forgot how to dance
- 2017: published a paper
- 2017: raced a bicycle
- 2018: invented thingz
- 2018: graduated from Dartmouth with high honors
And some ongoing things you’d might like to know:
- in the last 10 years, I’ve done on average 200 flipturns a day
- the number of countries I want to visit at any given time is approximately 150
- read comic strips daily
- favourites are: Garfield, Pearls Before Swine, xkcd, Oglaf, Foxtrot, …
- I recieve a fun animal fact every morning at 7am